Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenoir Rhyne is slashing yearly tuition cost by $13,000 per student.  

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenoir Rhyne is slashing yearly tuition cost by $13,000 per student.  

It was just announced that Lenoir Rhyne is slashing yearly tuition cost by $13,000 per student, starting 2023..

This is an excellent move especially based on recent enrollment trends at the school.

Hopefully, we will start to see other regional schools follow suite.

I also hope the school considers reducing the cost of admission and parking for football games, which would help fill some of the seats in their new stadium.

It’s a very good decision, especially as college enrollment numbers continue to decline. Small regional privates will be the first to feel the heat from declining numbers, so hopefully this helps LR. We would do well to keep lowering tuition where possible and add more vocation specific degrees.

Also, parking is free at games.

Comment

It is just moving money around - because at the same time they will be reducing "institutional" aid that lowers the net cost to the average student. Other institutions have done this in the recent past.

This sort of approach can work if it allows students who get turned off by the sticker price to start to put LR in their mix of possibilities. And with a somewhat shrinking pool of students to compete for, that may keep the institution from going backwards significantly in enrollment.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
        Also, parking is free at games.
        A poster on another thread had said they had started charging for parking. I stand corrected.

Comment

According to L-R website in 2023 tuition will be 30,000...but it's still going to cost (tuition, room and board, student fee) $43,000 a year.

When did L-R get so expensive? I lived in Hickory for 20some years and never realized it was more than that.

Comment

Side note, I do agree with Eagle74. College is ridiculously expensive now and the schools (as businesses) HAVE to change or you aren't going to have customers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X